National 4 & 5yo Eventing Discovery
General Information & Conditions
Millstreet Intl Horse Trials Main Intl Arena Saturday August 27th 18:00
Final (top 6 of each age group) Sunday August 28th 09:00.
Prize fund of €3000 per class
The Duggan Family have a long-standing commitment to the production of young horses – be they for show jumping or eventing. Initiatives such as the young Irelander and National Discovery classes have formed a core element of the schedule at the annual International Horse show for over thirty years!
This weekend we are proud to offer producers of younger horses the opportunity to showcase their four- and five-year-old horses in front of an International Audience. Open to four- and five-year-olds the aim of this class is to showcase the Irish Bred and produced horses that have the temperament and ability to become commercial three-day event horses.
The judges look for an athletic, loose moving horse with a promising jumping technique and attitude. With correct training and production, these horses should develop physically and mentally into a strong three-day eventer.
Format: The Main Intl Arena will be divided in half, one arena for 4 year olds and one arena for 5 year olds. Two judges will observe and mark horses in each arena. They will award marks for conformation, movement, canter & gallop, natural technique/temperament, scope/agility & 5* potential for a total of 100 marks.
Horses will enter the arena from the pocket and proceed to do a quick demonstration of trot and walk. The judges will sound a bell where the competitor will proceed to jump a course of 8-10 obstacles (mix of show jumps and cross country fences). Following the final obstacle, competitors are invited to gallop a lap of the arena to demonstrate this pace before exiting the arena again.
General info & rules:
– Cross country attire is to be worn.
– Bib no’s are to be collected from the event office prior to the competition.
-Protective Headgear to be worn as per Eventing Ireland Rules which means it must be tagged before participating.
-Approved body protector must be worn for the jumping phase.
-Tack as per Eventing Ireland Rules
-Only snaffle bridles with permitted with approved bits are allowed
-Hind leg boots or bandages are not permitted, only overreach boots.
-Whips & Spurs are permitted as per eventing Ireland rules.
-If you are stabling on site, please ensure to have your passport ready for inspection. Paddy Gately Stable Manager will show you to your stable once passport and health check is completed by the Veterinary Services Manager
-The competition will run in drawn order. The start list will be available on Friday evening.
-Please have passports at hand at all times when on site.
Condition of entry
To be eligible to compete in either age group the following applies:
- All horses must be registered in a DAFM Studbooks with the sire and dam named on their passport. Passports must be available to the Organising Committee at any stage of the competition or while on the grounds of Green Glens Arena.
- All horses must be entered via Eventing Ireland website before the close of entry. Late entries which are accepted will be subject to a €50 administration fee and are accepted at the discretion of the OC.
- Breeding will be recorded on official event startlist. It is the responsibility of the horse owner/rider to ensure all appropriate information is accurately submitted at the time of entry, the OC will publish the information given at the time of entry.
- This class is open to day members and horses competing on day tickets. Riders must make themselves and their horses web-only members in order to make an entry.
- Each class will be limited to 30 competitors per class. If maximum entry is reached a waitlist will be opened and operated on a first come first served basis. Entries will close on August 12th unless maximum number is reached before that time.