Celebrating 50 years of equestrianism in Millstreet
Millstreet is celebrating 50 years of hosting equestrian events this year. It is a monumental occasion of which we are very proud. In that time, we have welcomed to Co. Cork a myriad of International Horse Shows, World Cup Qualifying Events, multiple FEI European Championships for Ponies, Juniors and Young Riders in Jumping, Eventing and Dressage, as well as numerous National Horse Shows and Charity Shows for horses and ponies. Since developing the Drishane cross country track in 2014, we have proceeded to host a range of integral International Eventing fixtures including test events and qualifiers for the Olympic Games, the Irish leg of the FEI Eventing Nations Cup on two occasions and the only Irish stage of the acclaimed Event Rider Masters series.
Irish horses and riders continue to reach new levels on the world stages of show-jumping, eventing and horse-racing. Over the past half a century, Millstreet has maintained its foundation role in the development of young horses, riders, officials and the ongoing ability of the sport to reach new audiences through public attendance, broadcast and live-streaming. A growing list of Olympians, Flat/National Hunt Jockeys and European Championship medallists have benefitted from competition experience in the Green Glens Arena while young horse development competitions such as the ‘Young Irelander (3yo),’ ‘National Discovery (4yo)’ and ‘Boomerang (6/7yo)’ are renowned for the graduates that progress through the ranks each year.
There is no other venue in the country which can match such a record and to mark the 50th anniversary of equestrianism in Millstreet, the Duggan Family is very happy to announce a bonanza Millstreet Horse Show running from August 16th to 20th featuring:
- €180,000+ Total Prize Fund
- €70,000 Prize Fund for FEI Classes
- 9 FEI Classes including the Millstreet Grand Prix (€30,000) and the Millstreet Masters (€15,000)
- €110,000+ Prize Fund for National Classes including:
· €25,000 Millstreet Boomerang Championship (6/7 yo)
· €20,000 Millstreet Ruby Championship (5yo)
· €15,000 Millstreet National Discovery Championship (4yo)
· €10,000 Millstreet Young Event Horse Championship (4/5yo)
· €10,000 Millstreet Young Irelander Championship (3yo)
· Millstreet Ladies 1.10 Championship
· Amateur Championship
· Millstreet Small Horse Young Irelander
· MIllstreet Small Horse Discovery
· Irish Horse Board Sales Viewing / Marketing Arena
· All categories of horse catered for from 90cm up to 1.30m
Millstreet has a long tradition of innovative concepts devised to maximise the shop window provided during its events We are very proud of the role that we have played in the development of Irish Equestrian Sport and the wider industry over the past 50 years and look forward to sustaining our relationships with Irish riders, owners and producers while continuing to welcome International competitors and prospective purchasers to our equestrian events in the Green Glens Arena.
Entries & Stabling booking will open on Wednesday 26th July, click here to view the provisional schedule.